Cathie Hoover is an internationally known textile artist.
Cathie says that throughout her life, she has done just about everything with fabric, including dressmaking, knitting with fabric, quilting, and quilted wearable art.
She earned a B.S. degree in Home Economics from Chico State College in Chico, CA. She also studied tailoring, pattern drafting, and added a year of weaving to her knowledge of textiles.
Her specialties include:
- All types of machine applique, including fused and non-fused either finished with satin stitching, blanket stitching, or soft-edge treatment.
- Reverse appliqué by machine finished with blanket stitch or decorative stitch.
- Machine embellishments with decorative stitches, laces, braids, and especially rickrack.
- The use of brilliant color and color combinations in all quiltmaking techniques.
- Combining printed fabrics of all types and styles with each other while keeping the identity of each fabric visible and vibrant.
Cathie was selected to be a Fairfield Fashion Show Designer four times (1993, 1994, 1995 1998) and a Bernina Fashion Show Designer five times (2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008). Although she is thoroughly enraptured with quilting, quilted wearable art remains a passion.
Since 1988, she has taught quilting workshops and given lectures at large and small quilting venues throughout California and much of the United States, including Hawaii.
Cathie Hoover will display some of her recent work at Carolyn Huff Photography Studio and Gallery through the end of September. The gallery is also hosting Sharon LoManto, a well-known painter and metal artist. Carolyn Huff Photography Studio and Gallery is located at 1224 K St. in downtown Modesto. An artist reception is held the third Thursday of each month from 5 - 9 pm.
Carolyn Huff is a Certified Portrait Photographer in Modesto, CA. Creating portraits for family, home, school, or business use. Carolyn Huff Photography Studio and Gallery is located in downtown Modesto, California. We create photography portrait art in our studio or on location. Call 209-918-6627 for a complimentary consultation.